Friday, August 17, 2012

Fantasy Friday, Part 3- Determination


In case you need to catch up- Part 1, Part 2

"You need to leave," Anthony said in a whisper, causing the smile to drop from the girl's face.
"I can't leave, you need me," Mary tried to sound confident, but she quickly felt out of place. Maybe she should leave. Why would this man need her help anyway? He looked like he could take care of himself. "I'm sorry, I just.." she muttered as she slowly turned from his cell.
"Wait," Anthony urgently whispered. Seeing the seriousness in her dark eyes, he could tell she was here for a reason. Her offer of help just when he needed help the most was a good omen, and he refused to ignore the few good omens that came into his life. "Why do I need your help? You do realize what I'm against, don't you?"
Mary hesitantly turned back to his cell. It was then that she noticed the man two cells down. He was nothing but a crumpled heap on the floor. Blood and dirt matted his hair and his chest gave only a slight rise and fall. One more day of whatever this man had been through would cause the end of his already scarce breath. 
Mary looked at the man in front of her. This man- this breathing man- could easily be just like the man two cells down in a matter of hours. All for something he didn't even do. 
"Okay, listen. I know how we can get you out of here, but you're going to have to trust me." 

To be continued...

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved