Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MAMBO! (um...again)

Today was the second dance rehearsal for West Side Story and both my brain and my legs hurt. The first day was definitely easier. This time we got into learning a bunch of really complicated steps, along with jumps and spins and other fancy dance stuff. Those moves themselves weren't all that hard, but putting them to music that is super fast makes me want to just crawl in a corner and melt.

Now I live in fear because I know that that day will come when I must trade my sweaty socks for dance heels and manage to not fall and break my face. That terrifies me. 

One thing I've learned about dancing is that it makes you want to do one thing and one thing alone- EAT. I came home today and literally absorbed a whole box of mac&cheese. (Cooked, of course. Absorbing hard pasta and cheese flavored powder would be quite unpleasant.) 

Another thing I've learned is that I have "pretty dancer legs". I'm not sure what that means, but it sounded nice and came with a smile, so I took it as a compliment. 

Always,
Abby Noel 

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Sounds exciting! Are you a Shark or Jet?

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved