Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whale vomit is expensive.

Sorry I've been ignoring you guys, I was at a church retreat all weekend having tons of fun and gaining lots of.... odd .... memories.

So first off, because I know you all are thinking "what in the name of blog titles did she just say?", whale vomit actually is expensive. While we were in my small group diving deep into the story of Jonah (get it? diving?) this guy decided to inform all of us that whale vomit is used in really expensive perfume and that a whale vomiting is a very rare event. So he was trying to say that if this had happened in modern times, that Jonah would be the richest man in the world. The way I see it, if I survived being inside of a giant fish for three days, the very last thing I would be thinking is "I have to go get my bucket!" I don't know, maybe that's just me. 

Also in my small group I was the ONLY person out of 7 people that did not have blue eyes. It was the scariest thing ever because after I noticed it and pointed it out, they all threatened to sacrifice me.  


Not only have I gained odd memories, I also have gained incredibly painful memories. We were using the blob thingy that they use in lakes where one person sits on the end of the big inflated thing and another person jumps to shoot them off of it. Well when I was shot off of it, my body twisted a bit in the air (because I really went flying, more then most people) and I hit the water right on the side of my leg. I now have a big nasty looking bruise there, but strangely, it doesn't really hurt unless I bend my leg. 

Okay, I have to go eat chinese food now. 

Always,
Abby Noel 


3 comments:

Miss Cortni said...

lmfaooo. funniest thing i've read all day xD

- missshesaid.blogspot.com <3

Jodie-Ann Muckler said...

LOLOLOL you were a different species!
And ouchhh!
OMG CHINESE FOOD YES YES YES!

Mark said...

If I ended up inside a whale, I think one of my thoughts might be "Damnit I wish I had my bucket". Hope the bruise goes away soon, and also good to see you weren't sacrificed.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved