Sunday, May 15, 2011

Alright, so as I was saying...

I have much to tell from Friday!  First off, you know how it was Friday the 13th? Yeah, well we thought that it was just superstitious and we all were telling ourselves it didn't mean anything and that nothing bad would happen. We were wrong. about and hour before show time, our only spotlight burnt out.  Someone had to hurry and run to the store to try to find a humongous light bulb. They did end up finding one, luckily.

So I told you already that the theme was time travel. In order to do this, of course, we needed a time machine, so my friends Rose and Kelly made this amazing time machine out of cardboard boxes and aluminum foil and random buttons. It looked really cool, but wasn't so much fun to be in. With two other people, about four square feet of leg room, and only one fan, waiting in that box for an hour is like being in a sauna. It was funny how many of my friends asked me if there was a back door or something in that box. No. We had to sit in that box. The whole time we weren't on.

 It was also quite funny how many people wanted to see what the inside of the box looked like. You know what it looks like? The inside of a cardboard box. Not much to see.

Yesterday at my church we had One Homeless Night for all the middle schoolers and it was a lot of fun. We ended up raising $2,890 for the homeless shelter and collected a bunch of donations from people. The best was sleeping in big cardboard boxes even though we had to sleep inside because of the rain.

I got this song free off of iTunes the other day and just listened to it for the first time yesterday. It sounds so much like it should be in a movie that I think I might have to make a mini-movie just because.


Always,
Abby Noel

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved